How to load test modules¶
If a CHIRP developer tells you to load a module to test, follow these instructions.
- Launch CHIRP. Make sure you are running the latest CHIRP-next build. If not, upgrade and start over.
- Click Help in the menu bar and select Load module from issue
- Key in the Issue number which has the test module attached and click the [OK] button
- Select the driver module listed and click the [OK] button. If there are multiple modules attached, select the one the developer wants you to test, usually the latest/last one. Your CHIRP is now running with the test driver module loaded.
- Test and report back your results. Be sure to include a debug log per the instructions here.
Note: An externally loaded driver module like this does not permanently change your CHIRP installation in any way. Once you close CHIRP you will have to re-load the driver module in order to have the added fixes or features again.
Updated by Dan Smith 18 days ago · 7 revisions