Baofeng UV5R Variants¶
The Baofeng UV-5R is the basis for many other models. Any vendor that purchases a large quantity of radios can have a private label (and in some cases, firmware version) applied to the radio. There is, in most cases, almost no actual difference between the variants, which is very confusing for customers.
Except for the F-11, all of these variants use "UV-5R" as the Model selection in CHIRP.
Known variants include:
- 997-S: Foscam Digital Technologies
- BF-UVB2 Plus
- F-11: Import Communications
- GT-3/GT3 MK2
- RT-5R/RT-5RV: Retevis
- RT5 with 2 power levels: Retevis
- UV-5R V2+
- UV-5RAX (2M/1.25M)
- UV-5RCX (2M/1.25M)
- UV-5RE/UV-5RE Plus
- UV-E5/UV-E5 MK2: Vero Global Communication
- ZT-V8/ZT-V8A/ZT-V8A+: ZASTONE
For detailed explanations of error messages seen with these radios, see the BaofengUV5R page.