CHIRP is a volunteer effort, and most of the developers are better at writing code and adding new features than writing documentation. This is an index of what we have available right now. If you would like to contribute something to help other users, please contact the developers and we will be glad to work with you.
Installation and Usage under non Windows OS¶
- MacOS_Tips - Information for MacOS users about driver installation
- Running_Under_Linux - Information for Linux users
Connecting the Radio and PC¶
- CableGuide - Information on choosing a programming cable
- Connection Issues using Ubuntu - See if this simple change fixes Ubuntu connection problems
- Beginners_Guide - A brief usage guide for beginners
- CSV_HowTo - How to work with CSV files in CHIRP
- MemoryEditorColumns - Descriptions of all the memory editor columns and their meanings
- BaofengUV5R - A dedicated page to the very popular Baofeng UV-5R (and variants) with error message explanations
Getting Help and Reporting Issues¶
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- How_To_Get_Help - If you need help, start here!
- How_to_report_issues - Information on how to report bugs, features, etc
- Developers - Want to contribute? Read this!