CHIRP is open source software and contributions are welcomed! If you are interested in helping out, join the developers mailing list and ask questions!
- Join the chirp_devel mailing list
- Get the code: http://d-rats.com/hg/chirp.hg
- Join us on Freenode, in channel #chirp
- New users to mercurial may want to read the well-written reference book
How you can help¶
- Test new changes and releases
- Triage bug tickets
- Write or update documentation
- Find and fix bugs
- Add or extend support for new radio models
- Add features to the UI
If you want to help translate CHIRP into another language, please follow these steps:
- Create a new issue for the language and include the language code. Here is a helpful list.
- Someone will create an empty template .po file and attach it to your issue
- Translate the file. Generally, poedit is the best way to do this. Be sure to fill out the translator meta-details.
- Attach the resulting translated .po file to the ticket
- A developer will check it over and then submit it for inclusion