UV-5R - UHF Band Change - Error Message
Using the Factory VIP software, the UHF band limit was changed to 200-260 MHz.
While trying to download UV5R image to CHIRP, received error message:
Failed to communicate with radio, Global name 'vendors' is not defined.
While trying to upload a previously saved .img, the cloning screen disappeared after 3 seconds.
With VIP software, I restored the UHF range back to 400-479 MHz and everything went back to normal.
Updated by Dan Smith about 10 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to Dan Smith
- Target version set to 0.3.0
- Chirp Version changed from 0.2.3 to daily
- Model affected changed from (All models) to UV5R
Okay, this is actually a failure to display a failure. I've committed a fix for this, but all it does is put the intended bit into the debug log instead of failing to fail (so to speak).
Thanks for the report.