"Failed to communicate with radio: Unable to read block 00 expected 4 got 0" FT-817ND (US)
Chirp Version: daily-20180815
Windows Version: Home V10.0.17134.228
Rig: Yaesu FT-817ND
Port Settings: 38400/8/None/1/None
- Open Chirp
- Select "Radio" pull down => Download from Radio
- Set Port to COM10
- Set Vendor to Yaesu
- Set Model to FT-817ND (US)
- Turn on 817 with both mode buttons depressed
- 817 in Clone Mode
- Select "OK" on "Radio" dialog
- Press "A" on keyboard
- several minutes pass then error shown in subject appears.
I could not find the log file(s) for Chirp to send. If someone could help me with where they're located as well?
New to Chirp... confirmed noob!
Updated by Bernhard Hailer over 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Target version set to chirp-legacy
- Model affected changed from (All models) to Yaesu FT-817ND
Have you been able to resolve this on your own since you submitted this?
This could be a cable issue. Please refer to these Wiki articles:
CableGuide FTDI OEM Cables
If there's no solution to be found in any of them, please read: How To Report Issues and provide a debug log. Thank you!
Windows: If you are using a generic cable with a Prolific chip, you will very likely need to downgrade your driver to version 184.108.40.206.
It can be found at http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php