CentOS 8 install via yum
Trying to get Chirp installed on a CentOS 8 desktop.
Apparently python is known more as "python3" in CentOS 8 and those packages aren't recognized by the Chirp package.
Can this be remedied? or is there a known workaround?
Listing installed packages:
python36.x86_64 3.6.8-2.module_el8.1.0+245+c39af44f @AppStream
python3-pyserial.noarch 3.1.1-8.el8 @AppStream
python3-lxml.x86_64 4.2.3-1.el8 @AppStream
And yet, these errors:
Problem: cannot install the best candidate for the job
- nothing provides pyserial needed by chirp-0.4.0-1.fc20.noarch
- nothing provides /usr/bin/python needed by chirp-0.4.0-1.fc20.noarch
- nothing provides libxml2-python needed by chirp-0.4.0-1.fc20.noarch
yum list chirp
chirp.noarch 0.4.0-1.fc20 kk7ds-ham-apps
Updated by Bernhard Hailer almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Target version set to chirp-legacy
- Platform changed from Linux to All
Chirp reqires Python 2 (2.7).
A Python 3 project is in the works, but already has its own ticket.