New Model #7987closed
I had asked for support for this radio a while ago and assigned a ticket, but now the ticket says it was closed but no disposition given nor feedback. This radio is still not supported as far as I know. Please add support for this radio.
Updated by Bernhard Hailer over 3 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to New Model
- Subject changed from Yaesu FT-991A Support to Yaesu FT-991A
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Target version set to chirp-legacy
- Equipment Loan Offered set to No
Your ticket #6685 was closed for the same reason as this one: it was a duplicate request, and the postings in that ticket say so.
The addition of a new radio to Chirp requires two things:
1) a volunteer developer who takes the task to work on this driver,
2) availability of test equipment, such as a loaner radio (see Rules For Loaning A Radio).
Unfortunately, you need to wait until both conditions have been met.
Or, you could decide to get your hands dirty yourself - check Wiki, "Developers".
Duplicates #2531. Please leave any further comments there. Thanks!