QYT kt-8900 new version
I have just bought a KT8900 from Aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002504842825.html?spm=a2g0s.90423220.127.116.11424c4dsiIlC2 and found that it was not recognised by CHIRP.
Modifying btech.py solved the issue.
after the line
KT8900_fp5 = "M2G314"
Need to add the line
KT8900_ch = "M2G424"
change the line
just used my initials ch but probably should have been fp6 insted of ch
This mod made my radio able to read and write as expected.
Updated by Jim Unroe over 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Jim Unroe
- Target version set to chirp-legacy
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Model affected changed from (All models) to KT-8900
- Platform changed from Windows to All
A patch has been submitted adding the new MCU version. Thanks for supplying the needed information.
Once approved, the additional MCU version will be included in the following CHIRP daily build.