BTECH UV-5X3 Restarting during initial download from radio
I have used CHIRP for this radio before, however it has been a long time. As such, I started with a "Download from Radio". After starting the clone processes, the radio will restart and CHIRP displays the following error: "Error reading data from the radio: not the amount of data we want."
Steps to reproduce:
- Click download from radio --- Select Port Number (/dev/cu.usbserial-110) --- Vendor: BTECH --- Model UV-5X3
- Click OK
- Click Yes to the "This radio's driver is experimental"
- Click ok to the instructions
- The clone screen shows up
- Radio screen goes blank at about 3 seconds
- Error message appears
I have tried the radio with daily-20220118 on both MacOS and Windows 10 (Windows 10 via. VM Ware).
I have successfully programmed 3 UV-5R and 1 FT-60 using the same MacOS and Windows 10 on dailiy-20220118.
I communicated with another Ham who was successfully able to download from their UV-5X3. I did not check their CHIRP version, however we both are using the same firmware on the radio.
Radio Firmware: UVV306