New Model #9910closed
Baofeng UV-82 Plus Upper/Lower Case Not Available.
When using the Baofeng UV-82 PLUS model, I am unable to input lower case letters into the Alpha Tags when choosing the UV-82HP model. It does seem that all other functions work correctly. I can however select the UV-82 model which will allow me to save the Alpha Tags in UPPER/lower case letters. The problem when selecting the UV-82 model is that I am unable to select from the 3 available power levels: High/Medium/Low.
Updated by Brian M. Verner over 1 year ago
Additional note, the link to the model is here: https://www.abbree.cn/product/baofeng-uv-82-plus-2/
Updated by Jim Unroe over 1 year ago
- File uv82hp_UPPER-lower_case_names_#1.py uv82hp_UPPER-lower_case_names_#1.py added
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Jim Unroe
- Target version set to chirp-legacy
Yep. It somehow got overlooked. Try the attached test driver module to see if that takes care if it for you. Here is how you use it...
- Save the attached test driver module file (uv82hp_UPPER-lower_case_names_#1.py) file to a convenient location
Note: Do not right-click the link to download. Left-click and then click the "download" link on the page that loaded.
- Load CHIRP
- Enable "Enable Developer Functions" in the "Help" menu
- Click "Load Module" in the "File" menu
- Locate and load the file that was saved in step 1
The CHIRP background should now be red to indicate that CHIRP is running with an externally loaded driver module. Test editing "alpha tags" with UPPER/lower case names.
Note: An externally loaded driver module does not permanently change your CHIRP installation in any way. If you restart CHIRP, you will have to load the test driver module before you can edit lower case text.