Bug #2697

Weather Alert frequencies are labeled wrong

Added by Peter Sheerin over 3 years ago. Updated 10 months ago.

Status:Closed Start date:07/05/2015
Priority:Normal Due date:
Assignee:Tyler Tidman % Done:

100%

Category:-
Target version:0.5.0
Chirp Version:0.4.0 Platform:All
Model affected:(All models)

Description

The channel names in your NOAA Weather Alert stock config are not entirely accurate.

Please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_radio#Governmental_weather_radio_services

I'd like to submit the attached file as a suggested replacement, which includes the long-time understood "WX1 to WX7" names, and the newer "Public Alert" names, based on the above Wikipedia article and its cited sources.

Improved Weather Alert.chirp (6.3 kB) Peter Sheerin, 07/05/2015 02:05 pm

Improved Weather Alert.csv - CSV version of original file attached to this issue (765 Bytes) Peter Sheerin, 07/05/2015 05:33 pm

2018 NOAA Weather Alert.csv - Corrected NOAA Weather alert channel names. (397 Bytes) Peter Sheerin, 02/10/2018 09:21 am

Associated revisions

Revision 2648:1e9a5c83b65f
Added by Tyler Tidman almost 3 years ago

Update WX channel stock config. Fixes #2697.

History

Updated by Jim Unroe over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Feedback

Peter,

The stock config files are in CSV format. You might want to resubmit what you have in that format.

Also, the "/" may not be a valid character for all radios. Someone else might know better if this will be an issue or not.

Jim KC9HI

Updated by Peter Sheerin over 3 years ago

Jim,

Thanks for the tips. I suspect you may be right about the / character, but I don't know for sure.

Updated by Tyler Tidman almost 3 years ago

  • Assignee set to Tyler Tidman

Updated by Tyler Tidman almost 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to In Progress
  • Target version set to 0.5.0
  • % Done changed from 0 to 90
  • Platform changed from Windows to All

Updated by Tyler Tidman almost 3 years ago

  • % Done changed from 90 to 100

Updated by Tyler Tidman almost 3 years ago

Patch submitted to mailing list.

Updated by Tyler Tidman almost 3 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved

Updated by Tyler Tidman about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Merged. Closing.

Updated by Peter Sheerin 10 months ago

I goofed in the sample file I uploaded, and the new file is thus still wrong.

The reference I cited was correct, but I mistyped the sample files.

I've attached a corrected CSV file, but can someone please double-check my typing in the new file against the Wikipedia reference, to make sure I haven't transposed anything this time?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOAA_Weather_Radio#Radio_frequencies_used

Sign me:
A VERY embarrassed K6WEB!

Updated by Tyler Tidman 10 months ago

Peter Sheerin wrote:

I goofed in the sample file I uploaded, and the new file is thus still wrong.

The reference I cited was correct, but I mistyped the sample files.

I've attached a corrected CSV file, but can someone please double-check my typing in the new file against the Wikipedia reference, to make sure I haven't transposed anything this time?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOAA_Weather_Radio#Radio_frequencies_used

Sign me:
A VERY embarrassed K6WEB!

I fail to see the error. Unless I'm mistaken, the csv file that as committed is in the correct format and has the correct frequencies assigned to the correct WXn channel.

Updated by Peter Sheerin 10 months ago

Tyler Tidman wrote:

Peter Sheerin wrote:

I goofed in the sample file I uploaded, and the new file is thus still wrong.

The reference I cited was correct, but I mistyped the sample files.

I've attached a corrected CSV file, but can someone please double-check my typing in the new file against the Wikipedia reference, to make sure I haven't transposed anything this time?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOAA_Weather_Radio#Radio_frequencies_used

Sign me:
A VERY embarrassed K6WEB!

I fail to see the error. Unless I'm mistaken, the csv file that as committed is in the correct format and has the correct frequencies assigned to the correct WXn channel.

I was sure there was a problem when I filed the update, but I don't see it now, either. I double-checked the original attachments and the latest nightly, and still don't. Buggers.

I don't know if I was simply confused by the WX vs PA number differences, or if I noticed something in the transfer to my radio I can't now duplicate. :-( Doubly embarrassed but glad I didn't seem to make any mistakes in my original filing. DE K6WEB

Also available in: Atom PDF