New Model #6263open
I bought a BF-658 (orange). But I got the error: "radio refused to enter programming mode"
Can you please help
Updated by Jim Unroe almost 5 years ago
The Baofeng BF-658 is not known to be a supported radio model. But many time a Baofeng model is a variant of another model. More information would be needed to help you further. Such as...
- Does the factory software work.
- Which Vendor and Model are you choosing.
- Are you using a known good programming cable (in other words does it program other radios)?
- Is the programming cable plugged into the radio fully.
- Attach the CHIRP debug.log file.
Updated by dirk bor almost 5 years ago
Thnx for your response.
The factory software and existing cable works fine for my old BF-888 device. Because these BF-658 devices are sold as an improved BF-888, I did choose the BF-888 model as setting in chirp. I tried several ways: with the connector fully plugged-in and also a little loose. Same responses.
Because I did not want to give up easely I did borrow a FTDI USB cable from a friend and build a adaptor cable like described in the attachment, but this did also not work :( Also did change the TX and RX of the adapter cable.
Maybe it is not working, because I did order the devices in China directly ?? I'm not sure on this, but I read somewhere, that could have issues than.
Updated by Bernhard Hailer over 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Target version set to chirp-legacy
- Chirp Version changed from 0.4.0 to daily
Could you please provide a debug log as described in the Wiki: "How To Report Issues"?
This could perhaps provide some further clues. Thanks!