I need help installng
I'm trying to install the 2018-12-05 version fine on my tower running W10; previous CHIRP install was 2018-06-11.
I get an "Error opening file for writing" error.
What I've tried:
- I've changed permissions to provide full control on the folder as well as individual files.
- I've shared the folder I finally renamed folder and reinstalled CHIRP as a new install which seems to be working although I haven't really put it to the test yet.
re: filling out the fields for this issue -
- What is "Target version"?
- How do I designate the version release date for a "daily" version?
- What is a "Model"?
Updated by Greg Weaver over 4 years ago
I am having the same problem. Error message after download...then try to install. Says it can not install.
Updated by Bernhard Hailer almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Target version set to chirp-legacy
Sorry, but these bug reports are too skinny, we need details.
What is the file it can't write? Is that file perhaps existing and read-only? Did you close Chirp before attempting to install a new version?
Have you been able to resolve this on your own since you submitted this?
This is actually a question best asked on the "mailing list":http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users.
You might get (much) quicker feedback there.
Also, #6295 has some feedback which might be helpful.
Updated by Bernhard Hailer over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
no more feedback by submitters.