Download » History » Revision 29
« Previous |
| Next »
Dan Smith, 12/28/2022 10:01 PM
Donate via bitcoin|
CHIRP is distributed as a series of automatically-generated builds. Any time we make a change to CHIRP, a build is created for it the next day. Thus, CHIRP is versioned by the date on which it was created, which makes it easy to determine if you have an older build. We don't put experimental things into CHIRP before they are ready, except where specifically called out with a warning. Thus, you do not need to worry about finding a stable version to run. You should always be on the latest build available.
Upgrading: You do NOT need to uninstall an existing version of CHIRP before installing a newer one. Just install the new one and it will replace the existing copy! However, be sure to quit CHIRP before installing the new version!
You can find a complete test report of the current build here and a matrix of supported models and features here
Click here to download the latest Windows version
- CHIRP runs on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, and 11. Older versions of Windows are not supported
- Most users will want to download the installer.exe file, which installs CHIRP like a normal application
- The win32.zip file is for advanced users wishing to run CHIRP without installing
Click here to download the latest Mac OS X version
- OS X support is limited to Intel architecture. PowerPC is not supported.
- Chirp.app is unsigned. With default security settings, you will need a special procedure to run it: Application Security in 10.9.
More useful tidbits can be found at MacOS Tips.
Click here to download the latest version
Most Linux users will want the flatpak executable, which has the entire runtime integrated and should "just work." If you are running an old or weird distro and want the source distribution, grab the tarball from the above link.
Translators and Developers¶
There is extensive documentation about the development and contribution process located at Developers
You can access older versions of chirp here:
- "Old no-longer-stable builds":http://chirp.danplanet.com/download/
- "Daily build archive":http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/
Updated by Dan Smith 5 months ago · 29 revisions locked